We Are Always Recruiting Participants for our Paid Consumer Research Panels
Do you have strong opinions about what’s good and bad about the products we all buy and use every day? Have you always wanted to make a difference in the way big companies produce and market these products? Would you be excited to play a role in new product development? CEC Research is a beautiful, state-of-the-art research and consumer product evaluation facility right here in Cranford, whose name brand clients are always looking for consumer participants with opinions – and they’ll pay for them!
How to Become a Consumer Product Research Participant
If you are interested in becoming part of our database, fill out our registration questionnaire, which takes about 5 minutes to complete. After we have reviewed your questionnaire, you will receive an email from info.cecresearch.com confirming your spot in our database along with an assigned Panelist ID and PIN. You will use the same Panelist ID and PIN for each test. The information on the registration questionnaire will assist us in keeping track of your contact information. We assure you that your responses will be used solely and exclusively at CEC Research for the purpose of consumer research and will not be sold, shared or otherwise provided to any third party for any other purpose.
If you have already registered and have received your Panelist ID and PIN from us, you can go directly to the Login tab on this website and see the studies presently running and decide if you would like to participate.
Consumer Product Research Study FAQs
How will I be contacted about a research study?
You will be contacted via email with study announcements. Along with the study notification, there will be several questions that pertain to the type of study being conducted. Should you qualify, a list of dates and times will be provided for you to choose from. Once you have committed to a date and time, it will hold your spot on that study. Since our clients expect us to secure a certain number of participants per test, we count on your participation.
I am scheduled for a test, what do I do?
We are located at 16 Commerce Drive in Cranford, NJ. On the day of the test, please come to the facility. Check in at the front desk – here you will need to show your driver’s license or state ID card. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time and wait in the waiting area until you are called back into the testing area. You will be given instructions for the study, and the test can take from 15-30 minutes to complete.
How much am I compensated?
Compensation depends on the duration of the study and will be listed on the initial invitation. Payment is in the form of a Visa Gift card that can be used anywhere. If you earn over $600 in a calendar year, you will receive a 1099 form from CEC research at the end of that year. We recommend that you keep track of your earnings.
What should I do if I am running late or cannot arrive at my assigned time?
We always ask that you arrive 10 minutes early for prompt check-in. If you run late or have an emergency, please call us at 908-967-6790 or email us at info.cecresearch.com. We may be able to reschedule you to a later session, however, we do remove people from our database when they are consistently late or do not call to cancel. Since our studies have limited seating, we ask that you do your best to keep committed to your scheduled time.
How often will I be contacted?
This will depend on the type of study and whether or not you qualify to participate. You could potentially be contacted anywhere from a weekly basis to once every few months. Invitations are sent out via e-mail. Our automated computer system will qualify you and allows 24-hour access for you to sign in and select a test appointment. You can decide if you would like to participate at that time.
Why didn’t I qualify or get invited?
We want to make sure we are interviewing the right consumer for the particular test that is being conducted, and there are many factors that play a role in the qualification process. If you do not qualify for a test, the computer will regenerate your name when another test becomes available.
Can my friends or family members become a panelist at CEC Research?
Yes! Please tell them to go to join.cecresearch.com and ask them to fill out the registration questionnaire to get started.
Rules & Procedures for Product Evaluation
1. If you have a cold or allergies, you should not participate in the test. These types of conditions can affect your ability to smell or taste.
2. Refrain from eating spicy/heavy foods, drinking coffee, smoking, or chewing gum for at least 30 minutes prior to product evaluation.
3. Do not wear any scented aromas on your body or clothing during your product evaluation. Fragrances from colognes, perfumes, and scented lotions have a lingering odor that will interfere with your ability to taste and smell. Also, remember that even though you cannot smell these strong scents on your body, other testers seated in the same room can be impacted by the scents you wear. You will be removed from the study without pay if scents are detected by our staff.
4. Do not bring beverages or food into the facility.
5. As a courtesy to other participating in the study, do not talk during the testing process, unless it is to speak with a study technician. Please refrain from making noises or remarks regarding your samples and avoid talking on cell phones. If you must answer a call, please leave the area and go to the panelists’ waiting room.
6. When your session is complete, do not discuss your opinions about the study/products with others who have not yet participated; your opinions could unfairly influence others.
7. Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in your immediate removal from our database and you will no longer be eligible to participate in other research.
8. Please do not bring children to the facility unless they are participating in a study they have been selected for.
Forgot your ID and PIN?
Be sure to check your email invitation from us. This email will always contain your Panelist ID and PIN. Still having problems? Send us an email to info.cecresearch.com.
We are Easily Accessible from Most Points in New Jersey and NYC
Our consumer product testing and focus group facility is conveniently located in central New Jersey with ample private parking. Just minutes from the Garden State Parkway, we are a short drive from NYC and lower New York.
Discover why consumers just like you throughout the tri-state area are signing on to participate in CEC Research’s paid consumer product evaluation studies.